TAKE IT ALL OFF
Refundables: Please remove your refundables.
Garbage disposal options:
* Lund wharf. This location provides garbage disposal for a fee during the Summer period.
* Lund store (when the Lund wharf is not in business). Tickets may be bought from the store to use their garbage bin.
* Recycling is now behind the Lund Hotel, concrete block building, closed Tuesday & Wednesday. Check Winter schedule.
* South of Powell River: the local dump accepts metal for free and garbage which is charged by weight. It is convenient if you are heading for the Saltery Bay ferry.
* Right beside the dump is Augusta recycling depot which accepts paper, cardboard, soft & rigid plastics, glass and cans.
* Encorp Return-It Centre beside Augusta accepts refundable containers and milk cartons (with no refund). They also accept electrical items.
* Composting is a good option for vegetable waste, coffee grounds, and egg shells.
* Sort paper, burn in the fireplace/stove or recycle off island.
* Rinse recyclable soft & rigid plastic, glass and cans before recycling off island. Ziplock bags need to be separated, no crinkly plastic accepted, no meat wrappers or foil chip bags. Styrofoam is accepted.
Thanks for your help.
The Savary Island Committee and the PRRD