TAKE IT ALL OFF
Refundables: Please remove your refundables or donate them to Rigger's or the Indian Point bins.
Garbage disposal options:
* Lund wharf. This location provides garbage disposal for a fee during the summer period.
* Lund store (when the Lund wharf is not in business). Tickets may be bought from the store to use their garbage bin.
* Green recycling bins are located in Powell River at the north end of the Town Centre Mall and at Safeway.
* South of Powell River: the local dump accepts metal for free, and garbage which is charged by weight. It is convenient if you are heading for the Saltery Bay ferry.
* Right beside the dump is Augusta recycling depot which accepts paper, cardboard, soft & rigid plastics, glass and cans.
* Encorp Return-It Centre accepts refundable containers and milk cartons (with no refund). They also accept electrical items.
* Riggers Restaurant & Indian Point Fort accept refundable containers.
* Composting is a good option for vegetable waste, coffee grounds, and egg shells.
* Sort paper, burn in the fireplace/stove or recycle off island.
* Rinse recyclable plastic, glass and cans before recycling off island.
Thanks for your help.
The Savary Island Committee and the PRRD